Planning a Backyard Wedding?
Having a backyard wedding can be a great choice.
Maybe your parents have a beach house with a breathtaking view, or your grandparents have a lake house that would be an ideal location for your big day. Wherever you choose, you won’t regret saying your vows in a place that is special to you.
Whether it’s at the beach or the lake, chances are the yard isn’t quite prepared for a large group of wedding guests, as well as their cars, wait staff, and the happy This is where we can help.
There are a lot of great reasons to have a backyard wedding, such as:
- You wont have to book the venue years in advance to guarantee the date you want, and you can choose any date that works for you.
- Most venues have set rules and regulations for rental spaces, leaving little room for you to be creative with decorations, layout, music or scheduling. Having your wedding in a backyard will give you the freedom to customize your perfect day.
In addition to planning all the details for your day, you will also want to get your yard ready.
- You’ll need to prep the lawn, provide care for your trees and shrubs, and control pests. The last thing your wedding needs is a bug-bitten bride, so have your yard treated before the event.
- Start early on lawn, tree & shrub care, that way there will be enough time to treat any weeds, fungus, brown spots, or drainage issues, and clear up any pests that are damaging your lawn or trees. You also want to allow your lawn enough time to grow in healthy for the event.
- Your yard will be on display, so give it a manicured look. Whether that means mowing it yourself or hiring a landscaper, you’ll want your lawn to be in top form
You may also want to plant some color flowers around the property. You can choose colors that will complement your wedding theme, that way your entire wedding will be color coordinated.
Some of these things you can do yourself, for others you may want to hire an expert.
Planning a wedding can seem overwhelming, and so can yard care, but it will be much easier if you consult with experts that are familiar with local pests, have been trained in the best methods for controlling weeds, and know how to make your lawn look it’s best. Add link?
Just in case, TENT IT
- You will want a contingency plan in case of rain, and to provide protection from the hot Florida sun. A tent is the perfect way to accomplish that. Besides shielding guests from a surprise storm, tents also provide a tasteful ambiance to a backyard wedding.
- Stifling heat can pose just as many problems as rain, so make sure chairs aren’t in direct sunlight, and provide shaded areas, cool drinks, and hand fans. If it’s a hot day, electric fans and portable air conditioners can be brought in; on cool winter days, propane heaters can warm up the place.
Always use caution when setting up a tent and hammering stakes into the ground, so you won’t damage any underground electric or water lines. You’re going to need those power lines for the lighting and DJ. With an outdoor wedding you get to host games and entertainment, go ahead and set up some fun games like cornhole, ladder toss or cricket. Guests can play while they wait for you to finish your photos, or while they enjoy a cocktail.
There are a lot of elements involved in planning a wedding, and if you start early and stay organized, it will help all of them come together smoothly in time for the big day.
The best time to get started on a beautiful lawn is now. Not only can we make sure your lawn looks in tip top shape, we can also make sure you home is bug free every day of the year, including your big day. Go ahead and complete this form for a free no hassle evaluation of your yard.